Oil & Gas Revenue Accountant
Zachry Group – Zachry Exploration
Corporate Headquarters – San Antonio, TX
A mid-size Exploration and Production company is seeking an Oil & Gas Revenue Accountant at the Corporate Headquarters located in San Antonio, TX. The successful candidate will manage the general ledger and financial statements of the organization. The main focus of the candidate will be to provide quality and timely financial accounting. Close interface and effective communication with the Controller and department is essential. Strong accounting skills with a solid knowledge of US GAAP, management, communication, analytical and problem solving skills are critical to the financial accounting process.
• Maintain Operated and Non-Operated Well information, Owner DOI, and Purchaser information in Oil and Gas Accounting Software (OGAS)
• Compile revenue information received monthly from purchasers, and verify volumes and prices
• Account for monthly revenue and severance taxes as well as make distribution payments to al interest owners.
• Prepare and maintain General Ledgers, account reconciliations, forecasting and financial statement preparations.
• Enter detailed information into OGAS and generate royalty checks to all owners
• Maintain current working knowledge of severance tax rules for Texas and Louisiana
• Calculate and remit monthly severance taxes to various states
• Monitor low-producing gas wells for potential refunds
• Prepare annual 1099’s for all royalty and vendor payments
• Prepare and record monthly journal entries, reconcile accounts, and prepare quarterly financial statements in accordance with GAAP
• Track project and well payout status
• Generate special reports for senior management as required
• Assist in external audits
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 1 to 3 years’ experience in Oil & Gas
• Background in accounting with monthly close processes and consolidations
• Working knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP)
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly in Excel
• Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Values ethics, professionalism, and maintains confidentiality
• Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the Oil & Gas Revenue Accountant position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APPLY HERE: http://1800jobsusa.com/job-details/oil-gas-revenue-accountant/47705/
OR SUBMIT RESUMES TO: Colleen Terry firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2019Austin Area Chapter of the ACFE